Friday, November 16, 2007

My Child's Child

I have our grandson, Jonathan (15 months) over for the weekend to allow his parents some much-needed time alone together. I found this poem, and although, the miracle didn't just happen to us, we have 3 grandchildren now and two more due in 2008 and every day I thank God for this most precious gift!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Child's Child

by Sherrie Collins


A journey in my mind today

I watch the years fly, where is my little boy?

The pictures that tell a story how you grew so fast.

Once a little boy with trucks and slides to fill your day.

A grown man now who changed his name.

A precious little flower, a kiss from heaven was born today.

She'll call him Daddy, looking in her eyes, his Reflection he will see.

Finally, he will understand the love I feel for him.

In an instant, his world will change forever.

His journey in life on a new path, one filled with Crayons finger-paint and giggles.

Finding pleasure in everyday things, the world Will look brand new.

I never thought I could love my little boy more

But on this day when he placed my grandchild in My arms I swear I do.

I realize what a gift we received.

My child's child amazed as I kiss her soft cheek.

I will reach for my son's hand, to offer encouragement and support.

Yesterday's memories tucked away in my heart.

Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.

Amazed by the love I have for both of them.

A part of my soul he now passes to her.

The best father he wants to be.

A secret I whisper to him

A life filled with honesty and unconditional love

That my son is the key.

No comments: